About > Policies & Guidelines > Proctor Policy & Information
Proctor Policy & Information
What is a proctor and why is a proctor required?
- A proctor is a person that monitors students while taking an exam or completing an assignment.
- As a student registered in online courses at HJC, you will need to identify a person who could serve as the proctor for your classes. Each course will have at least one assignment or exam that must be proctored. Some classes may have more.
Proctor Eligibility Requirements
- The proctor cannot be a friend or family member.
- The proctor must be employed in the educational field and possess at least a bachelor’s degree.
- HJC faculty and staff can serve as proctors.
- Local college staff and librarians often can be used.
- The proctor will be responsible for receiving the information for exams and assignments via e-mail and following the guidelines for administering the exam or assignment (time frame, open- or closed-book exam, or other instructions).
- You will be required to show proof of identity at the time of the exam.
- The proctor will complete the Proctor Affirmation Sheet stating that you did the work and email it to the appropriate parties at Huntington Junior College.